Ken Valencia and Cody Ellison are the dynamic duo of which I speak. There have been some changes since my previous article…an evolution if you will. I remain a Ken & Cody lifer. Their brand, Bishop Street Apparel by Ken and Cody, is still my go to. The pieces are well-made, colorful and affordable. The pair have a gifted eye for all things; from fashion to decor to art. The friends have joined their gifts and talents into a mini empire in Bishop Arts.
They still own and manage Home on Bishop and Bishop Street Market, but added something new and wonderful. Their most recent endeavor is The Ellison | Valencia Gallery also located just down the street. Ellison | Valencia Gallery features local artists working in various mediums and styles; from watercolor, oil, glass and sculpture. There is art for the lover of every style AND at affordable prices.
Why Should You Shop with Cody and Ken?
- They support local charities.
- They are involved in their communities and community-sponsored events.
- They employ mostly retired women.
- They manufacture their clothing line in the U.S.A.
- They produce their clothing in small batches of only six pieces.
- They are who they say they are: good guys.